- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Personal Information
- Personal Information We Disclose
- Information We Use For Advertising Purposes
- Network and Information Security
- Information Choices and Changes
- Third-Party Services and Websites
- State Privacy Rights
- Questions or Concerns
- Changes to This Notice
Effective Date: July 01, 2023
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) explains how Ting Mobile and its affiliates collect, use, and disclose information about Ting Mobile subscribers and others who visit Ting Mobile’s websites, view Ting Mobile’s advertisements, or interact with Ting Mobile products or services (the “Services”). In this Notice, the terms “Ting Mobile”, “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to Ting Mobile and its affiliates, which collectively own and/or operate the Ting Mobile products and services including both websites and apps. The term “you” refers to you as a subscriber to or user of our Services.
California Notice at Collection
We collect the categories of personal information (as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)) listed in the table below.
|Category of Personal Information Collected
|Sold or Shared
|Identifiers, including names, postal addresses, email addresses, online identifiers, IP addresses, account names, and other similar identifiers.
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute, including bank account numbers, credit/debit card numbers, and other financial information.
|Protected classification characteristics under California law, including sex/gender, marital status, and age (over 40).
|Commercial information, including information regarding products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, including information regarding interactions with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
|Imprecise location data, such as general location of devices or IP address.
|Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information, including phone call recordings and chat recordings.
|Professional or employment-related information, including employment status and history
|Education information, including education history.
|Inferences, meaning inferences drawn from any of the information in the above-listed categories of information to create profiles about consumers.
|Sensitive personal information, including account log-in information in combination with passwords and information revealing consumers’ racial or ethnic origin.
As further described in this Notice, we generally collect and use the above-listed categories of personal information to provide and manage the Services and achieve legitimate business or commercial purposes.
As noted in the table above, we “sell” or “share” (as these terms are defined in the CCPA) certain categories of personal information, and you may exercise your right to opt out of such disclosures by clicking the “Your Privacy Choices” link in the footer of our website tingmobile.com/ and following the instructions.
We retain each category of personal information that we collect for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this Notice, including to satisfy legal or reporting requirements.
More information, including a description of your legal rights, can be found below in the “State Privacy Rights” section
Personal Information We Collect
There are several ways we collect information about you.
Information you give us:
The personal information we collect includes information you give us, such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, government issued identification, social security number or other government identification number, demographics, activities, location information, profile picture, and personal preferences. You may give us information in a variety of ways, including when you sign up for or use Services, communicate with customer service or register for one of the Services
If we have trouble processing your order, the contact information you provide is used to get in touch with you. We also use this contact information to provide you with updates regarding your current phone or service and to provide you with information about Ting Mobile promotions and special offers.
We may offer the opportunity to participate in contests, giveaways, or other similar promotions we sponsor. Except as explained otherwise in the rules for a particular contest, giveaway, or promotion, any personal information you provide will be used in accordance with this Notice.
Certain types of information are collected whenever you use our Services. This includes:
- Information about your device such as the type, version of operating system, signal strength, and whether it is on and how it is functioning.
- Information about how you use the device and services available through it, such as your call and data usage and history, your location, websites you have visited, applications purchased, downloaded or used, and other similar information.
We may use systems or tools to analyze your use of our Services and other applications, along with analysis of network and device information.
We may link information we automatically collect with other personal information, such as information you give us at registration and check out.
Cookies and other technologies:
We use Google Analytics and Signals in Google Analytics. This updates existing Google Analytics features (advertising reports, remarketing, cross-device reports, and reports on interests and demographics) to provide aggregated and anonymized information about you, provided you have allowed personalized ads in your Google Account. You can learn more about Google’s data practices and your privacy choices by visiting google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. Google provides an opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser add-on located at tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Information from other sources:
We may obtain information about you from outside sources, including public sources, and add to it or combine it with your account information. We also may use demographic and marketing information from third parties to help us better serve you or inform you about products or services that we think will be of interest to you.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. You should be aware that if you purchase a Ting device and allow a child under the age of 16 to use it, any information collected from the usage of that device will appear to be your personal information and treated as such under this Notice.
How long we keep your information:
We retain personal information about you for the amount of time necessary to provide our Services and for as long as required to satisfy legal or tax requirements, for fraud prevention, or for other business purposes. If we de-identify information, we will maintain and use the information in de-identified form and not attempt to re-identify the information except as required or permitted by law.
How We Use Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect primarily for business or commercial activities, which may include using your personal information to:
- provide, operate, and maintain our Services;
- carry out billing and collection activities;
- communicate with you (e.g., to contact you for administrative purposes or to send you important updates and communications about this Notice and/or other applicable terms);
- confirm that you are receiving the level(s) of service requested and are properly billed;
- identify when changes are made to your account or services;
- tell you about products or services from Ting Mobile or others that may be of interest, including, and as permitted by law, by email, telemarketing, direct mail and wireless messages;
- understand your use of our Services in order to make improvements and personalize them;
- administer user surveys to collect your recommendations, reviews, and feedback;
- send you marketing and promotional communications, including emails about the Services and products or services of select business partners;
- deliver addressable or tailored advertising to you within the Services, via email, or through third-party websites and platforms;
- detect fraud and unauthorized reception of our Services;
- determine whether applicable policies and terms of service are being violated;
- perform statistical or qualitative research and analysis;
- maintain our “do not contact” lists;
- comply with applicable law;
- support our business operations and business transactions; and
- carry out other uses as necessary to provide our Services.
We will also use your personal information as described to you at the point of information collection or with your consent. Additionally, we will use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, privacy, safety, property, and/or those of others.
We may aggregate, and/or de-identify information such that it does not reasonably identify you and use such information for other business and marketing purposes.
We may combine the various types of information we collect and receive from and about you, including account information, usage information, information collected offline, across other computers or devices that you may use, and information received from corporate affiliates and third-party sources. Where applicable, we will use, disclose, and protect the combined information as described in this Notice.
Personal Information We Disclose
We may disclose information we collect from and about you with others as follows:
We disclose your personal information to DISH affiliates, such as AirTV, Boost Mobile, Boost Infinite, DISH, and Sling TV.
Our Service providers:
We disclose personal information to third parties that provide business, marketing, payment processing, or technical support services to us and/or administer activities on our behalf. Our service providers may also include professional advisors (e.g., lawyers, accountants, auditors, etc.).
Our analytics providers:
We disclose your personal information to parties that assist us in performing analytics and help us measure the effectiveness of the Services and our marketing and advertising efforts.
Mailing list partners:
We may disclose your name and postal address to other parties, such as charities, marketing organizations, corporate affiliates, or other businesses for “mailing list” purposes. Any such disclosure for “mailing list” purposes would be limited to your name and postal address, and the disclosure would not reveal, directly or indirectly: (i) the extent of your viewing or use of a television service or the Services; or (ii) the nature of any transactions facilitated by us.
Corporate entities for business transfers:
We may transfer your personal information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy, or other change of ownership or control. For example, if another entity acquires us or any of our assets, personal information we have collected may be transferred to such entity. In addition, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, personal information we have collected may be considered an asset of ours and may be sold or transferred to third parties. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to require that the transferee use personal information we have collected in connection with the Services in a manner that is consistent with this Notice
Law Enforcement or other third parties for legal, compliance, and safety purposes:
We may be required by law to comply with a valid legal process, such as a subpoena, court order, or search warrant, or where there is a lawful request, to disclose information about you. We may also disclose information about you to protect our customers, employees, or property; in emergency situations; and to enforce our rights under our terms of service and policies, in court or elsewhere.
Disclosure of De-identified or Aggregated Information:
1. Aggregated and de-identified information
We may disclose information collected or received from or about you in de-identified and/or aggregate formats. We may disclose this information to companies that collect and compile consumer data, including those that create reports about what programs people watch.
2. To advertisers and companies that provide advertising services
Information We Use for Advertising Purposes
We may use information about you for marketing or advertising purposes in the following ways:
- To provide you with advertising for our Services. We may use information we have collected or received from or about you through use of the Service or from third parties to provide you with marketing information, offers and advertisements for our Services or to exclude you from receiving certain marketing information, offers or advertisements. Our activities with respect to such marketing information, offers and advertisements may occur through our Services or third-party websites and platforms.
- To provide others with more relevant advertising. We and our advertising partners may also use information collected from or about you by us or our advertising partners and information we obtain about you from third parties to deliver advertising that is targeted for individuals with similar interests. We may combine aggregated and/or de-identified information to create groups based on actual or assumed shared interests and/or factual characteristics. We also combine information about the programming that our customers watch on the Services with their common interests to help us figure out what advertising may be most relevant.
Network and Information Security
We maintain a variety of safeguards. These safeguards help protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Be sure to use a strong password to access your information on our Services, and not one you use for other services.
Information Choices and Changes
Marketing and promotional communications:
You can opt out of receiving marketing and promotional communications from us or manage your preferences at any time through your account settings. You can also opt out of receiving marketing and promotional communications from us by following the instructions included in any such communication that you receive from us. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving marketing and promotional communications from us, you will still receive non-marketing or transactional messages from us, including messages about your account and responses to your inquiries/requests.
Cookies and Do Not Track:
Certain parts of our Services require cookies. You may adjust your device or Internet browser settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be automatically recognized upon revisiting and may not be able to use certain features of the Services or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your device’s settings or your Internet browser’s “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your device or browser from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
We might not recognize “Do Not Track” requests or headers from some or all Internet browsers.
Interest-based online advertising choices:
To understand your choices for receiving more relevant online advertising, please review the information below:
- To learn more about interest-based advertising, and to opt out of collection and use of information about your online activities for interest-based advertising by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) participating companies, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. To opt out of targeted advertising through mobile applications, please visit https://youradchoices.com/appchoices.
- To opt out of collection and use of information about your online activities for interest-based advertising by Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) member companies, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
- To opt out of certain interest-based advertising provided by the Trade Desk you can visit https://adsrvr.org/.
- To opt out of personalized advertising delivered by LiveRamp visit https://liveramp.com/opt_out
Even if you opt out, you will still receive advertising from us and third parties. You may also still receive advertising from us or third parties that is customized based on information we’ve collected or received from or about you or on information about your online activities from third parties that are not DAA or NAI participating companies.
Third-Party Services and Websites
When you access a third-party service, application, or website, even when doing so through our Services, you should review the privacy statements of the third party to understand what information they may collect and keep. We are not responsible for the practices of such third parties.
You may also choose, when available, to connect your account with third-party accounts, including with third-party social networks. If you share information about your usage of or activities on our Services with such third-party accounts, then the collection, use, and disclosure of such information will be subject to that third party’s privacy policies, which may differ from our own. We are not responsible for the practices of such third parties.
State Privacy Rights
California, Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia
California, Colorado, Connecticut and Virginia give residents the right to know what categories of personal information are collected about them and how it will be used, disclosed, and sold or shared. The purpose of this section of the Notice is to provide residents of these states with a description of our practices regarding the collection, use, disclosure, correction, deletion, and sale or sharing of personal information.
Categories of personal information collected:
We have collected the following categories of personal information about consumers in the preceding 12 months
|Types of Personal Information We Collect
|Primary Purpose for Collection
|Identifiers such as name, postal address, device identifiers, internet protocol (IP) address, email address, and account name.
|Account creation, personalization and facilitating usage of the Service, internal marketing, to prevent fraud and detect security incidents, to communicate important information; internal operations and compliance.
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute
|Name, postal address, telephone number, bank account number, and credit/debit card information, and other financial information
|Account creation, personalization and facilitating usage of the Service, internal marketing, to prevent fraud and detect security incidents, to communicate important information; internal operations and compliance.
|Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law
|Gender, marital status, age
|Account creation, personalization, and marketing
|Information regarding products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, credit score, or demographic information
|Account creation, personalization, internal marketing, internal operations and compliance
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
|Customer service call recordings and website chat interactions, or other communications with Ting, including personal identifiers, call and chat content and other website interactions.
|Training, to prevent fraud and criminal activity, operational analytics, and to comply with applicable laws
|Internet or other electronic network activity information
|Information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement, browser information, web analytics, including IP address, time of visit, page(s) visited, cookies, pixel tags, and other similar technologies; information about your use of our network
|Facilitating usage of the Services, personalization, internal marketing and operations, and to prevent fraud and detect security incidents
|Imprecise location data, such as general location of devices or IP address.
|Provision, development, and optimization of our Services; marketing and interest-based advertising; and to comply with applicable laws
|Account creation and facilitating usage of service
|Professional or employment-related information
|Employment status and history
|Account creation and facilitating usage of service
|Inferences drawn from any of the above information to create a profile about a consumer
|Consumer preferences, characteristics, trends, and behavior
|Development and optimization of Services, personalization, and internal marketing
|Sensitive personal information
|A consumer's account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account
|Demographic information such as racial or ethnic origin and religious beliefs (excluding CA,CO,CT, and VA)
|Personalization and marketing
|Provision, development, and optimization of our Services
Categories of personal information sold or shared:
We sell or share the following categories of personal information: identifiers, imprecise geolocation such as IP address, inferences, commercial information and internet or other electronic network activity information. We sell or share these categories of personal information to data analytics providers, advertising partners and/or networks, social networks, and data brokers. We do not knowingly sell or share personal information about persons under the age of sixteen.
Categories of sources of personal information:
We collect the personal information identified in the chart above from the following categories of sources:
- From you and your transactions with us, such as when you request a product or service, or give us your contact information
- From our affiliates
- From others, including consumer reporting agencies and third parties that provide us with demographic and other information
- From publicly available sources
Personal information we disclose for a business purpose:
There are a number of circumstances where we disclose personal information to companies who work on our behalf to help us provide the Services. We disclose the categories of personal information described in the chart above to affiliates and other companies to provide the Services; measure the performance of our network and your devices; and for eligibility verification, fulfillment, and administrative purposes.
Your Data Rights:
Residents of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia have the right to request certain actions with respect to their personal information. Residents of these states may:
- Request that we disclose what categories and specific pieces of personal information we collected about you in the preceding 12 months, the business purposes for such collection, the categories of sources from which we collected the information, the categories of personal information we sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of recipients of such information
- Request deletion of any personal information about you that we have collected from you subject to certain legal exceptions
- Correct inaccuracies of any personal information about you we have collected from you
- Opt-out of the sale or sharing of your personal information, or of targeted advertising
- Appeal the denial of any of your access requests
If you choose to exercise these rights, you will not receive discriminatory treatment by us for your exercise of your rights
How to submit an access, deletion, or correction request:
If you would like to submit a privacy rights request for access, deletion, or correction please contact us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 1-855-846-4389, or by mail at the address listed in the Feedback section below.
Verification of your identity:
To process your request for access, deletion, or correction we must be able to verify your identity to a reasonable degree of certainty. To do so, you must provide the required identifying information when completing the online request form or making a request through one of our customer service agents. We will ask you to provide your contact information and an additional identifier based on your relationship with us. Before we process your request, we will match these data points with data points we currently maintain to verify your identity and your relationship with us.
Responding to your deletion requests:
Please note that we may not be required to delete information under certain circumstances such as exemptions for data that is necessary to complete a transaction, detect security incidents, or for certain other internal purposes.
Authorized agent requests:
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request to know, delete, correct, or opt-out on your behalf. When you use an authorized agent to submit a request for access or deletion, you must provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so, and, in certain circumstances, we may ask you to verify your own identity directly with us. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
Limit the Use of My Sensitive Personal Information:
California residents have the right to limit the use of their sensitive personal information. Ting Mobile does not use or disclose sensitive personal information without your consent for purposes other than those specified in the CCPA.
Nevada SB 220:
Nevada law permits Nevada residents to make certain requests about how their personal information is shared with third parties or affiliated companies. To make such a request, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-855-846-4389, or by mail at the address listed in the Questions or Concerns section below.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions about, or complaints that concern this Notice, please call Ting toll-free at (855-846-4389,). If you prefer, you also may write us at DISH Legal Department, Attn: Privacy, P.O. Box 6655, Englewood, CO 80155-6655.
Changes to this Notice
We may modify this Notice at any time. We will notify you of any material changes (or changes required by applicable law) through written, electronic, or other means as permitted by law.
Effective on June 3, 2022
This privacy notice (“Notice”) describes how Ting Inc. (“we,” “our,” “us”) collects, uses, and discloses your personal information. This Notice applies to all of our products (including devices), services, mobile applications, and websites (the “Services”). It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information. If you do not wish to accept this Notice, please do not use our Services.
When information identifies, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household, we refer to it as “Personal Information.” Personal Information does not include information that is not used to identify you, including aggregate or anonymous information.
Collection of Personal Information
There are several ways we may obtain Personal Information, including from:
- You directly;
- Third party service providers; and
- Tracking technologies.
This Personal Information may include the following categories:
- Identifiers/Contact Information: These include your name, postal and email address, phone number, and other unique identifiers that may identify your device or browser, but not you by name, including your username, account number, and password.
- Commercial Information: Your purchase and usage history, goods and service preferences, and payment and billing information.
- Internet Activity: Your IP address, web/app browsing, and search history related to our Services, including information regarding your interaction(s) with our Services.
- Profile Inferences: The inferences that we draw from your Personal Information and web activity to create a personalized profile so we can better identify goods and services that may be of interest.
- Location Information: We may collect precise and coarse information about your location when you use our Services.
Personal Information You Provide
We also collect information from you when you choose to provide it to us, such as when you contact customer service, create an account, or otherwise with your consent. We may combine this information with other information collected from or about you to provide and improve our products, services, content, and advertising. If you refuse to provide any requested information (whether or not required), you may not be able to take full advantage of our Services.
If you provide Personal Information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Personal Information Collected Automatically
Whenever you use, visit, or interact with the Services, we, as well as third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies to collect Personal Information, such as:
- Usage Information: We collect Personal Information about your activity on the Services, such as your location, login date and time, features you use, and website and product interactivity.
- Device Information: We collect Personal Information from and about the electronic devices that you use to access the Services, including IP address, advertising IDs, browser type and language, operating system, time zones, and identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that uniquely identify your device or browser.
- Third Party Analytic and Advertising Technologies: We also use third parties’ analytics and tracking tools to help us track, segment, and analyze usage of the Services, and to help us or those third parties serve more targeted ads to you on the Services and across the Internet. These tools may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, Flash cookies, or other technologies to collect and store your information. We also combine such information with information that these tools collect from other sources. To learn more, please see the “Choice/Opt Out” section below.
Personal Information Received from Other Third Parties
We obtain information about you from other third party sources to update or supplement the Personal Information we’ve collected from you. For example, we obtain address information about you from third party sources, such as the US Postal Service, to verify your address so we can properly ship your order to you and to prevent fraud.
We may use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, personalize your experience with the Services, target communications so that we can inform you of products and services or other offers that may be of interest to you, measure ad quality and responses, and for internal business purposes.
Combination of Information
We may combine the Personal Information we receive from and about you. We may also de-identify or aggregate information so it is no longer Personal Information.
Use of Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to:
- Provide the Services to you;
- Analyze the performance of our network and your devices;
- Process your orders, including to fulfill your order and send you an order confirmation;
- Respond to customer service requests, questions, and concerns, and solicit your feedback on the quality of our customer service;
- Administer your account, including allowing you to (a) login to, navigate, and use our website; (b) view and adjust the services you have purchased from us inside your account; and (c) pay your bill or update your billing information;
- Send you communications about how to use our Services, including your phone(s);
- Send you communications about new service offerings;
- Offer promotions and ads that are relevant to your interests;
- Improve the Services and develop new ones;
- Prevent, detect, and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities including to enforce this Notice;
- Ensure legal compliance; and
- Otherwise with your consent.
Sharing Personal Information
Sharing of Personal Information by You
Our Services offer publicly-accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your Personal Information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information; we will let you know if we are unable to do so.
Sharing of Personal Information by Us
We may share Personal Information, as follows:
- With our service providers: We use service providers to help us operate and improve the Services, such as for data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, marketing, payment processing, order fulfillment, and security operations.
- With our affiliates: We may share Personal Information with affiliated entities for approved business purposes. For example, we may share information about your use of the Services with our affiliates in order to provide the Services and measure the performance of our network and your devices.
- For corporate transactions: We may transfer your Personal Information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy, or other change of ownership or control. If another entity acquires us or any of our assets, information we have collected about you may be transferred to such entity. In addition, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, such information may be considered an asset of ours and may be sold or transferred to third parties. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to require that the transferee use Personal Information provided through the Services in a manner that is consistent with this Notice.
- Legal obligations; Safety: We may access and disclose your Personal Information to respond to subpoenas, judicial processes, or government requests and investigations, in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, or as permitted or otherwise required by law. We may disclose your Personal Information to protect the security of our Services, servers, network systems, and databases. Where allowed, we will inform you of these types of disclosures, so that you may object to this type of sharing.
- To enforce legal rights: We may also share Personal Information (a) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (b) as necessary to protect our legal rights and those of our users, business partners, or other interested parties; (c) to enforce our agreements with you; and (d) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding suspected illegal activity, fraud, or other wrongdoing.
- With your consent or at your request: We also may share your information as disclosed to you at the time of collection, or with your consent.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certain parts of the Services require cookies. You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Services or take full advantage of all of our offerings.
To learn more about such interest-based advertising, please review the information below. Please note that even if you opt-out, you may still receive advertisements from us that are not customized based on your Usage Information.
- To opt-out of such collection and use for online behavioral advertising by the Digital Advertising Alliance participating companies in the United States, please visit: www.aboutads.info/choices/ and www.aboutads.info/appchoices/.
- To opt-out from the use of information about your online activities for online behavioral advertising by NAI member companies, visit: www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Access and Updates to Your Personal Information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, you should first log in to your account and review your contact information. If you have difficulties, please contact us at email@example.com. We reserve the right to request that you provide information to confirm your identity. We may not be able to correct or delete information shared with third parties. Pursuant to applicable law, we may be entitled to refuse to act on the request.
Your California Privacy Rights
Categories of Personal Information Sold
We do not knowingly sell Personal Information.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed
In the last 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose (such as with our service providers who are restricted from using your Personal Information outside the scope of their services for us):
- Identifiers/Contact Information, disclosed to billing providers, retail platforms, customer service platforms, data analytics providers, operating systems, security providers, and cloud storage services;
- Commercial Information;
- Internet Activity;
- Location Information;
Access and Deletion Requests
You have the right to know what Personal Information that we collected, disclosed, and sold about you. In particular, you may:
Request, up to two times each year, that we disclose to you:
- the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information that we collected about you in the preceding 12 months, the business purpose for such collection, and corresponding categories of sources from which we collected the information;
- the categories of Personal Information, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed your Personal Information in the preceding 12 months, and the business or commercial purpose for such disclosure; and
- the categories of Personal Information and the categories of third parties to whom we sold your Personal Information in the preceding 12 months, and the commercial purpose for such sale.
Request that we delete any Personal Information that we have collected from or about you. Note that there are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise our rights, for our internal purposes, or to comply with a legal obligation.
To take advantage of these rights, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-855-846-4389, or by mail at the address listed in the Feedback section below. We may request certain information to verify your identity before we can respond to your access and deletion requests. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 business days and will respond to your request within 45 calendar days, after proper verification, unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know.
You may authorize someone to make a privacy rights request on your behalf (an authorized agent). Authorized agents will need to demonstrate that you’ve authorized them to act on your behalf, and that they are registered with the California Secretary of State to conduct business in California, or must demonstrate they have power of attorney pursuant to applicable probate law. We retain the right to request confirmation directly from you confirming that the agent is authorized to make such a request, or to request additional information to confirm the agent’s identity. An authorized agent is prohibited from using a consumer’s personal information, or any information collected from or about the consumer, for any purpose other than to fulfill the consumer’s requests, for verification, or for fraud prevention. Authorized agents may go here to submit a request.
We take information security seriously. We use commercially reasonable efforts to protect information we collect and maintain against loss; misuse; and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, even with appropriate security measures in place, we cannot guarantee the security of the information under our control.
If you have any questions about security on our Services, you can contact us at email@example.com.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active, as needed to provide you services, or as permitted by applicable law to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you wish to cancel your account, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct the Services to, nor do we knowingly collect any Personal Information from, children under the age of sixteen. If we learn that a child under the age of sixteen has provided Personal Information through the Services, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our files.
Notification of Changes
We may update this Notice to reflect changes to our information practices. Any changes we may make to our Notice will be posted on this page. If you do not agree or consent to these updates or changes, do not continue to use the Services. If we make any material changes we will provide appropriate notice to you. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
You can contact us about this Notice by mail, phone, or email using the information below: